- Paper format – Standard B5 (9.8” × 6.9”).
- Margins – Left 1 1/2”, Right 1”, Top 0.5”, Bottom 0.5”
- Header – 8 point, Arial, Italics
“Asian Symposium on Medicinal Plants, Spices and Other Natural Products XVI”
Bold, with maximum of 2 lines, 11 point, Times New Roman, center aligned, only first letter of the title is UPPER CASE (except where it is a proper noun)
- Name(s) of Author(s) – Bold, 10 point, Times New Roman, center aligned, initials with a full stop and space before next initial, followed by last name
If two authors – names should be separated by “and.” If more than two authors, names should be separated by commas, with “and” after the last comma.
- Affiliation(s) of Authors in italics, 10 point, Times New Roman, center aligned. If affiliations are different, they should be indicated by superscripted Arabic numerals. The superscripts in the list of authors should be placed after the commas, if any.
- The corresponding author should be indicated by using an asterisk (*), placed after the superscript if any.
- The e-mail address of the corresponding author should be given in a new line after the affiliations, in italics, 10 point, Times New Roman, center aligned
- Should be of 250-300 words in a single paragraph; 10 point, Times New Roman and paragraph justified
- Text should be typed using 10 point, Times New Roman with single spacing.
- Keywords: 3-5 (lower case, Italics) on a single line. Only the word “Keywords:” should be bold.
- Abstracts should be based on symposium areas listed in this website
- The body of the abstract should consist of introduction, objectives, methodology and results.
- Do not include tables, charts, other graphics or references
- Paragraphs – Justified, No indentation.
- All non – English words/phrases and scientific names of organisms should be in italics. Standard abbreviations should have full stops after initials or partial words; e.g., viz., and i.e. should be followed by a comma.
(E.g., et al., viz., i.e., etc., in vitro, Nigella sativa)
- All units should be presented as recommended by the System International (SI) Standard Units.
- Technical terms, symbols etc. should be presented according to appropriate standards.
- Abbreviations should be defined the first time they appear.
Brief professional biography of presenter
Times New Roman, 12 pts, 35- 50 words
Submission of Abstracts
- Submission of abstracts via submissions@ASOMPSXVI.lk. Principal Authors should submit FORM A along with each abstract.
- Naming attachments: last name_first name_xxxxx.docx
- Deadline: 31st Aug. 2018
After submission of the abstract
- Notification of acceptance/rejection of the abstracts submitted will be sent via e-mail.
- The conference committee reserves the right to decide on the final allocation and presentation method.
- By submitting an abstract you grant the organizers permission to publish the abstract in hard copy or electronic formats.
- The conference conveners reserve the right to accept and reject abstracts for inclusion in the program.
- The invitation to submit an abstract or the acceptance of an abstract does not constitute an offer to pay travel, accommodation or registration fee costs.
- Presenters must be registered as conference participants before their papers can be scheduled into the program.